test text for Family Camp.
Thanks to all of you who joined us for our 2014 Gala & Auction on Sunday, March 23rd at Bellevue's Hyatt Hotel as well as those who supported the school even though you were unable to attend. We raised more than $400K to support our inquiry-based program. The video below was shown just prior to the Fund-a-Need portion of the evening.
The calendar has made its way to 2014 and the trip to Israel for our fabulous eighth graders comes ever closer. As a reminder, we will be leaving Seattle on May 19th and returning back to Seattle June 2. Exact flights, always subject to change, are included below.
- Israel Parent Handbook
- Ramah Application (due by Feb. 6th)
- Medication Permission Form
- Israel Trip Medication Policies & Information
Our next parent meeting is Thursday, February 6th beginning at 7:04pm. Medications will be the main topic of this meeting. Pam Auerbach will let us all know the state and federal requirements involved in children and/or chaperones handling medications. In general,a form provided by JDS is needed for just about any medication your child may bring on the trip. Please plan to attend this very important meeting.
- Leave Seattle May 19 on Flight 608 at 11:15 a.m. to Philadelphia landing at 7:20 p.m.
- Leave Philadelphia on flight 796 at 9:10 p.m. arrive in Tel Aviv at 3:15 p.m. (May 20)
- Leave Tel Aviv on flight 797 on June 1 at 11:30 p.m. arrive in Philadelphia at 5:10 a.m. (June 2)
- Leave Philadelphia on flight 603 at 7:35 a.m. arrive in Seattle at 10:19 p.m. (June 2)
Camp Solomon Schechter is located in Olympia, WA and serves students in grades 2-12. Visit www.campschechter.org.
B'nai Brith Camp is located on Devil's Lake on the Oregon Coast and serves students in grades 2-11. Visit www.bbcamp.org/summer-camp.
Hebrew Hoops will host its 2nd annual basketball camp this summer at the Jewish Day School (Greenstein Athletic Center). There are two separate sessions - June 24-27 and August 19-22. Hoops is a registered Washington State nonprofit organization seeking to provide high quality basketball skill instruction to Jewish youth while also steering them towards a lifelong connection to the Jewish community. Contact Sam Fein at 206-856-2528 and visit www.HebrewHoops.org.