The JDS Board of Trustees sets tuition for the upcoming school year each January. Please find the JDS Tuition Schedule for 2017-2018 academic school year here.
Choosing a Jewish day school education is a very important decision and we recognize that you are making an investment in your child and their Jewish education. We also recognize that a concern for many families is the cost of education for one or multiple children. JDS is pleased to offer three tuition reduction programs. Families who feel that they cannot meet the full tuition obligation are encouraged to apply for one of the following programs that best meets their needs and criteria.
JDS offers the following tuition reduction programs. These programs cannot be combined.
- Discovery Grant
- Multi-Student Discount Program
- Flexible Tuition
How do I know which option is right for me?
- Discovery Grant The Discovery Grant is a one-time $3,000 grant to be used towards tuition and is for each new family to Kindergarten through 6th Grade. There are a limited number of grants available each year.
- Multi-Student Discount Program The Multi-Student Discount Program supports families with 2 or more children enrolled full-time at JDS that have an Adjusted Gross Income of $230,000-$475,000. Upon submission of annual tax returns for AGI verification, qualifying families will receive a tuition discount of $3,000-$15,000, depending on the number of children enrolled at JDS. Eligibility for the Multi-Student Discount Program will be limited by income level to keep the program focused on the middle-income bracket of our population.
- Flexible Tuition Flexible Tuition is need-based and determined by of a family's financial information. Flexible Tuition is awarded to families who qualify and who complete the application process in a timely manner, including the submission of financial information. Financial information shared by families applying for assistance is held in strict confidence.
Tuition Payment Schedules
Tuition payments are made through automatic deductions using tuition Management Systems (TMS). There is an annual fee of $25 that will be added to your enrollment contract. A non-refundable deposit of $1,300 is due with your enrollment contract. The remaining balance can be paid through one of the following tuition payment options:
- 1 payment - July
- 2 payments - July & November
- 4 payments - July, October, January & April
- 10 payments - July-April
- 12 payments - July-June
A non-refundable application fee of $75 is required per Admission application.
In addition to tuition, JDS charges a $300 annual fee (per student) related to campus security to support the school security guard and other key elements of the campus security plan.
We are thrilled to offer a Summer Program for EC and JK students that enables parents to have year-round care for their child(ren). Early Childhood Summer Program participants do not need to be JDS-enrolled students and is open to community members. Click here for more information about our JDS Early Childhood Summer Program.