Why give to JDS?
Thank you for considering a gift to JDS. Our pluralistic Jewish education is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for children and their families. We believe this academically energizing, values-driven, confidence-building program is more essential than ever. And we can’t make it happen without you.
Tuition alone only covers about 60% of our operating costs. So, like virtually every other independent school in the country, JDS relies on financial contributions from families, alumni, faculty, staff, corporations, foundations, and other supportive friends to keep our school running and thriving.
Your contribution ensures JDS students can inquire deeply and engage joyously— today, tomorrow, and far into the future. Any amount makes a difference.
We offer a variety of options for supporting JDS:
- THE ANNUAL FUND allows us to maintain and expand our inquiry-based curriculum; recruit and retain top professional educators; keep tuition affordable while offering financial assistance to qualified students; strengthen and broaden our enrichment and extracurricular activities, including the 8th-grade trip to Israel; and much more. Find out more about the Annual Fund or contribute now.
- THE AUCTION & GALA brings JDS families and friends together for a glorious evening of community and generosity. The 2023 event raised over $300,000 for our school. Learn how to get involved in the upcoming year.
- TRIBUTES offer a way to recognize life cycle events or memorialize a loved one. Tribute donations provide funding for school programs and faculty development opportunities. A personalized acknowledgment of your contribution will be sent to the honoree or to the family of the person you are memorializing. Contribute now or call our Development Office at 425-460-0242.
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION let’s you earn cash for JDS with every Box Tops product you purchase! To start earning, download the Box Tops for Education app, choose Jewish Day School, and scan your receipt within 14 days of purchase. JDS will automatically receive your donations.
- L’Dor V’Dor Grandparent Society empowers our grandparents to shape the future of JDS. You can join L’Dor V’Dor—which means from generation to generation—with an annual minimum contribution of $180 to JDS.
- THE ALUMNI PARENT GIVING CIRCLE invites members to join with an annual minimum contribution of $180 to JDS.